Benefits of Installing a Programmable Thermostat in Your Home
Over the past couple of decades, programmable thermostats have become quite popular. Homeowners across the country are discovering all the benefits they offer. Are you focused on increasing your family’s comfort or saving money each month? If so there are many reasons to consider installing a programmable thermostat in your home.
6 Greatest Benefits of Programmable Thermostats
- Cost Savings. Simply put, programmable thermostats can save you a lot of money. Think about it; if you raise your home’s temperature by 1 degree in the summer or also lower it by 1 degree the winter, you’ll be able to save right around 2% every month. But, if you’re able to use a programmable thermostat to lower or raise it more than 1 degree when you’re at work, while you’re away on vacation, or even while you’re sleeping, you can save even more.
- Extend HVAC Lifespan. Programmable thermostats can help all heating and cooling systems (old and new) run more efficiently and effectively, which can increase their lifespan.
- Leverage Modern Technology. Today’s programmable thermostats are much more advanced than even the thermostats that came out 5 years ago. These days, you have the option of managing your system through a smartphone app and some models will even have the ability to notify you if it detects an issue with your HVAC system.
- Increase Your Energy Efficiency. Programmable thermostats can also improve your home’s energy efficiency, which is not only good for the environment, it’s good for your budget too.
- Maintain Consistent Temperatures. Programmable thermostats do a much better job of maintaining consistent temperatures throughout your home. Your thermostat will be in charge of turning the air conditioner or heater on in order to keep temperatures exactly where you want them. You won’t have to worry about your home being too cold in the wintertime or too hot during the summer months.
- Manage Multiple Climate Zones. Does your home have multiple climate zones? If yes then a programmable thermostat is the best way to manage temperatures throughout your entire house.
Contact Mills Heating and Air Today!
Here at Mills Heating and Air, we feel that most homeowners can benefit from installing a programmable thermostat. We truly feel it’s worth a little extra money. It is one of the best ways to make sure your HVAC system operates at peak efficiency. It’ll also keep you and your family comfortable all throughout the year. And, everyone can use a break on their monthly utility bills. Contact your friends at Mills Heating and Air today to discover which programmable thermostat we recommend for your home.