Why should you get HVAC Maintenance for your System
The Many Benefits of Routine Maintenance
Your friends at Mills Heating and Air suggest all our clients adhere to a routine HVAC maintenance schedule. By having maintenance performed semi-annually, you can effectively extend the life of your system. And, by doing so, you can make sure to stay perfectly comfortable in all seasons.
There are many benefits to routine HVAC maintenance. We’ve put together this list of the biggest reasons you should consider scheduling routine maintenance for your system.
Why You Should Schedule Routine HVAC Maintenance
- Indoor Air Quality. One of the best ways to ensure the air inside your home is clean is to have your system routinely serviced. As air moves throughout your ductwork, it can carry loose dirt, particles, and allergens that your filter doesn’t catch. These contaminants can enter your home, which will reduce air quality. The most common indoor pollutants include Bacteria, Dust & Dirt, Pet Dander, Pollen, Mold & Mildew. During a routine maintenance appointment, we’ll make sure the air you breathe is properly filtered.
- Peace of Mind. By having your system serviced before summer and winter, you can rest easy. You won’t have to worry about your system breaking down during the heat of the summer or during a cold winter spell.
- HVAC Safety. Poorly-maintained HVAC systems can become a safety hazard. During a maintenance appointment, your technician will make sure that your system is safe to operate.
- HVAC Lifespan. Routine HVAC maintenance can actually extend the life of your heating and cooling system. Your HVAC’s parts will move freely and air can easily move through the entire system. This causes much less wear and tear on your HVAC, which means it will last longer.
- Save on Repairs. During a maintenance appointment, your HVAC technician can identify any issues it might have. Catching issues early, while they’re small, will save you a lot of money on repairs.
- Save on Bills. Healthy heating and cooling systems use less energy because they don’t have to work hard to heat and cool your home.
During your appointment, we will do several things to keep your system operating efficiently. Some of these tasks include:
- Clear Drain Line
- Check amp draws on electrical components
- Check blower and coil cleanliness
- Refrigerant charge check
- Testing the system’s controls
- Cleaning and/or changing the air filter
- Tightening any loose connections
- Testing the thermostat calibration
- Make recommendations to increase performance and efficiency
- Remain Comfortable. Finally, a poorly maintained HVAC system will simply not work very well. It will have a difficult time maintaining proper temps and humidity levels. By having your system routinely serviced, we can ensure you and your family are comfortable year-round.
Call Mills Heating and Air Today
Contact Mills Heating and Air today to schedule a next routine maintenance appointment with one of our techs. We’ll keep your system running smoothly and efficiently, so you can rest easy in the comfort of your home.