Keeping Your Family Healthy
Our number one priority is to keep our customers safe. Many do not realize the effect an HVAC system can have on the quality of life in a home. Poor airflow, low-quality air, and dirty ventilation can take a toll on those breathing the air. The indoor air quality in many homes is significantly worse than the quality of air outdoors. Therefore, at Mills HVAC, we recommend checking and testing your home’s air quality to ensure a healthy environment. Studies have shown that out of those who have suffered from lung-related issues, 97% of them lived in a home or building with poor air quality.
Signs and Symptoms
As we are all becoming more aware of our health, and being sure to avoid sicknesses, we can’t forget about the things we cannot see. While the air in your home may seem okay, you could be experiencing poor indoor air quality, and here are a few signs and symptoms you can look for:
- Exacerbated Allergies or Asthma: If you have a loved one that experiences seasonal allergies or asthma, you understand how difficult it is to breathe, or spend time outdoors. Many do not realize that your home’s air could only be making the allergens worse. Allergy season has come to an end, but if your loved one is still experiencing symptoms, your air may be contaminated. This can mean someone is constantly breathing in the particles their body rejects.
- Dust Accumulation: Have you noticed a buildup of dust on your furniture, base boards, vents, and even in corners of your home? This is a tell-tale sign that the air being circulated is not being filtered correctly, leaving dust floating and settling around your home.
- Coughing: If you have experienced a chronic cough, or a tickle in your throat that won’t go away, it could be from breathing unhealthy air. If your home if constantly circulating unfiltered air, your body will show physical symptoms as it tries to fight off the particles and allergens you breathe in.
- Chronic Headaches: Do your headaches get worse when you spend the majority of your day in your home? Our homes are supposed to be safe havens, but poorly filtered air can lead to sickness and an uncomfortable environment.
- Hot or Cold Spots: Does your home have rooms that are always more hot or cold? This could be due to clogged air filters and poor circulation. An HVAC system that is working sufficiently will supply all rooms with even air flow.
Let Us Help You!
Like we said before, we want your family safe and healthy. Poor indoor air quality and its effects can be scary. However, we have many options that we are excited to discuss with you. Our team offers appointments to test your system and the air it circulates. There are ventilation systems that kill germs, viruses, and filters particles and dust proactively. No chemicals or toxins are used, just light, water, and oxygen. We offer duct cleaning services to rid of any dust, mold, or particles that are living in your air ducts!
Don’t wait for the problem to get worse. Mold and bacteria growing in your home can not only put your health in danger. It can also have severe effects on your home’s foundation and appliances. We have been in business for decades, and pride ourselves on being proactive for our customers. Call us today to set up an in-home consultation, free quote, or even for some new air filters! Our technicians are NATE-Certified experts in the HVAC industry. Let us help you and keep your family safe in the upcoming season!