Problems with Uneven Temperatures in Your Home?
Many homeowners with central HVAC systems expect them to effectively produce consistent temperatures throughout their home; no matter if it’s summer or winter. Unfortunately, central HVACs are not always able to do so. Several things can cause uneven temperatures throughout your home, including:
What Causes Temperature Changes?
- Ductwork Issues. Your central heating and cooling system’s ductwork is in charge of distributing air throughout your home. If your ducts are clogged, leaking or damaged, they won’t be able to distribute the air properly, which will cause temperature inconsistencies.
- Thermostat Location. Central HVAC systems typically utilize a single thermostat in a fixed location. In cases like this, rooms that are physically closer to your thermostat determine when your AC or heater will kick on. This often causes rooms that are further away from the thermostat to be hotter or cooler than you want.
- Electrical Heat Sources. If a room has a TV, computer, gaming system, etc., it’ll most likely be warmer than any room in your house that doesn’t. This is because central heating and cooling systems have a difficult time balancing the heat emitted by these devices with temperatures throughout the rest of your house.
- Sunshine. Depending on the position of your home, and also its location, you might have trouble with the sun dramatically heating up one side of your home, which can easily confuse central HVAC systems.
- Convection. You know your central heating and air system relies on ductwork to deliver warm and also cool air throughout your home. And, as we also know, warm air rises. If your rooms downstairs are cooler than your rooms upstairs; it’s typically because warm air rises through your ductwork and escapes through your vents.
Carrier Ductless Systems Eliminate Uneven Temperatures Issues
A chief complaint about central HVAC systems is that they have a difficult time keeping temperatures consistent from room to room. Do you know one of the best things you can do to eliminate all these issues? Install a Carrier ductless system. These high-quality ductless systems are incredibly easy to install, energy-efficient, and they give homeowners the ability to control the climate in each room of their house.
Contact Mills Heating and Air Today
Contact the HVAC experts at Mills Heating and Air today to learn more about Carrier ductless systems and to schedule a free consultation with a member of the Mills Heating and Air team.